Friday, April 01, 2011
A few years back, I participated in the Ultimate Blog Party on 5 Minutes for Mom. And being the deeply organized person that I am, promptly forgot to do it again. This year, however, I saw the link on several friends' blogs, so I made a note (literally, I have a post-it on my desk) to do it too.
Anyhow, up there, that's me, and F&B, my 8 year old princess and 5 year old superhero (my husband was taking the picture, it's rare to have pics of the 4 of us). The picture was taken in Canada, on the Lake Erie shoreline, a few blocks from my parents' house. We actually live in Dallas, Texas.
Random things you may (or may not) want to know about me:
1. Once upon a time, before F&B, I used to be a middle school teacher.
2. Now I homeschool them instead. F did two years at a university model school (half school/half homeschool), this is our second full year all-out homeschooling.
3. I'm obsessed with all things bento, and have been making/blogging bento lunches for almost 4 years now! You can visit me there at http://BentoLunch.net
4. Lots of cool things happened from that blog, including an opportunity to create bento lunches for Disney and a family trip to McDonald's headquarters with several other bloggers to learn more about McD!
5. Non-blog related, one of the coolest things I've done is hiking into the Pyramids in Egypt with baby Ben on my back in his MeiTai.
6. I really love to travel. Really really love to travel.
7. I want to live in Europe someday, just for a year or two, to really experience it. France would be my first pick, but I'm flexible! ;o)
8. I love to read and most years opt for a 50-book challenge with my friends. You can find me on GoodReads, even though I'm way behind this year.
So, that's me, sort of, kind of, in a nutshell (OK, the nutshell isn't too far a stretch, really). Leave a comment with your link, I'd love to find new blogs to read!