Thankfully, I just saw on a friend's blog that it is time for the Ultimate Blog Party 2012 from 5 Minutes for Mom. I've participated before and missed out by not realizing the date before, so very happy to have discovered it by now.
So for those of you new, this would be my husband and I, taken at Keystone this winter. We've been married almost 12 years and together almost 16. We live in Colorado right now (he's in the Army) but Texas is home. (Want to know more about us? Check out our story here and enter for a chance to win a DSLR from BlogHer.)
Things to know about me:
- I'm mostly obsessed with bento and food writing. My main blog is still at BentoLunch.net!
- I love to read, a lot, and you'll find a lot of BlogHer book reviews on here. Who doesn't love getting paid to read?
- If you really want to get to know me better, the best sample of my blog is probably the Top 10 posts of 2011, including a rather amusing possum story, cheesecake stuffed strawberries, cupcakes, art projects, sidewalk chalk paint for the kids, etc.
- In my spare time, I like to craft, bake, and very occasionally sew, providing it involves straight lines and nothing complicated. My kids and I are also a wee bit obsessed with recycled art and making things from items we would normally recycle.
- As evidenced by the picture above, I love to ski. Best part about our Colorado move? Season passes to Keystone and teaching my babies how to ski too.
Now speaking of those "babies", we have two, who aren't so much babies anymore.
Faith is our oldest and is 9.5 years old & in 4th grade ...
And Ben is 6.5 years old and in 1st grade!
A little about them - They both love to craft and bake with mom. They both can ski well (racing on the blacks now), do taekwondo, love participating in Scouts, love to read, and of course they are both brilliant. We are just loving exploring Colorado with them (Ben's picture was taken hiking at Garden of the Gods).
Are you partying with #UBP12? Leave me a comment, I'd love to visit! Not partying? You should! Visit 5 Minutes for Mom and join up!