Faith and Ben are both a little Rainbow Loom obsessed, as our their friends and my students. Faith actually got her loom back in September for her birthday, then Ben needed one of his own for Christmas.
We got the chance to take a peek at Loom Magic! 25 Never-Before-Seen Designs for an Amazing Rainbow of Projects by John McCann and Becky Thomas as part of the kids' massive Rainbow Loom crafting extravaganza. As the title suggests, the book features twenty-five new rubber band loom projects, including cell phone case, watch band octo bracelet, sports fan keychain, matching barrettes, pencil topper, snowman ornament, and more.
As most of the Rainbow Loom crafting is up to Faith, I passed the book to her for a much more accurate review. Most of my Rainbow Looming involves picking up rubber bands from around my house.
- Cute projects, including a lot of ideas she hadn't thought of yet
- Good pictures of the layouts to create the designs, very easy to set up the rubber bands on the loom
- The directions for crocheting the designs are mostly written and harder to follow
- Pictures of crocheting steps would help, or a YouTube channel would be even better
- Some of her favorite designs involved needing 2-4 looms, which we weren't expecting. She has two and Ben has one, but many of her friends only have single looms
We received our copy of Loom Magic free of charge for the purposes of this review. No other compensation was received.