How can hot dogs roasted over the campfire taste even better? By adding cheese and bacon to them!
According to Ben, everything tastes better with bacon, so at Cub Scout camp this spring, we made special campfire hot dogs, stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.
All you need is hot dogs, string cheese, bacon, a knife, and roasting forks.
- Cut a packed lengthwise down the hot dog.
- Cut the string cheese into quarters (also lengthwise) and place one quarter into the hot dog pocket.
- Carefully wrap the bacon around the hot dog, securing the ends with a toothpick if necessary.
- Spear the hot dog onto the roasting fork.
- Roast over the fire, turning frequently until the bacon is cooked.
- Place in a bun and eat!