This past weekend, F&B and I, along with the husband, boarded the Santa Express Train at the Royal Gorge for a ride to the North Pole! Unlike last year, we had a much milder temperature and no snow, which meant Ben got his wish to check out the open air car.
This was actually our second year to take a trip to the North Pole, but the first time the husband got to join us. Having him home for Christmas made it that much more fun.
So what happens on the Santa Express? Lots of fun Christmas magic for the family, including:
- Hot cocoa and cookies to enjoy along the ride (with optional meals being available for purchase)
- A chance to write a letter to Santa and give it to him personally!
- A great staff who spent plenty of time talking to the kids and setting the mood for Christmas cheer
- A fun train ride, culminating in quick arrival at the North Pole, including the adorable village set up
- Santa boarding the train so that each child can meet jolly old St. Nick for themselves
- A special gift from Santa
- Stories, games, jokes and songs with Santa's elves for the train ride home
- Opportunities for special photos with Santa once the train arrives back at the station
Once again, we enjoyed our ride. I wish we had lived here when the kids were smaller, I think this would have been extra awesome for the preschool and early elementary set! We've been recommending it to all our friends with littler ones.
Visit www.RoyalGorgeRoute.com for a full schedule, or call 1.888.724.5748 to book your trip today for an unforgettable journey on Colorado's top Christmas Train!
Disclosure: We received tickets to check out the Santa Express as part of my affiliation with USFamilyGuide.com. All opinions expressed are my own.