This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
As the parents of tweens, we really value the idea of family traditions and quality time together. Many nights of the week, we're going in opposite directions with sports, music lessons, church, and scouting. It's really important to reconnect with all four of us, and family movie nights are one of our favorite ways to do that.
There are so many great family movies out right now! We have a list of which ones we want to see, and this week's pick is Hotel Transylvania 2 from Sony Pictures. We also love a movie night with our favorite snacks, including Orville Redenbacher popcorn, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies (both milk chocolate and peanut, of course, and in the new adorable containers), and Coca-Cola. The kids and I headed out to Walmart to pick up all the goodies we needed for our movie night.
Besides enjoying our snacks in the regular way, this week we're making popcorn bars and Coca-Cola floats! Popcorn bars are kind of a cross between a crispy rice square and a granola bar, but ours have M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in them too. It's a great combo of salty and sweet!
1 pop-up bowl Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Popcorn (popped)
3.5 oz MARS Milk Chocolate M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
1 10.5 oz bag of marshmallows
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- Pop the popcorn and scoop it into a large bowl, to avoid the random kernels.
- Mix one package of M&M’S® into the same bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter till liquid.
- Stir the marshmallows into the butter until the marshmallows fully melt. You may need to continually stir to remove the lumps.
- As soon as the butter/marshmallows are melted, pour into the bowl of popcorn and M&M’S®, and stir to coat.
- Press the mixture into a glass dish (sprayed with bake spray) and use a spatula to flatten out.
- Chill overnight. Cut into bars and serve!
Individual bottle of Coca-Cola (we buy the 6 pack)
Vanilla ice cream
- Scoop two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass and add a straw.
- Slowly pour Coca-Cola over the ice cream, watching so the soda does not spill over.
- Drink, enjoy, and keep adding Coca-Cola to your float to keep it fizzy!
There's also a great VUDU offer when you purchase the same products we did at Walmart--Orville Redenbacher popcorn, Coca-Cola, MARS M&M’s®, and Sony New Releases (including Hotel Transylvania 2).
- Buy all 4 participating products listed below in one transaction at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16.
- Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight.
- Get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email. (Valid while supplies last. Limit 1 per person.)
Does your family love movie nights too? Check out the Make It a Movie Night hub for more awesome ideas and leave me a comment telling me your favorite ones! We're always looking for new ideas, so I'd love to hear them.